Jonathan and I aren’t party animals, there are nights we enjoy concerts in dim Berlin venues, but there are far more evenings spent snuggling on the sofa with a bowl of popcorn and Netflix on the projector. Below are some of the shows we’re currently enjoying, they all center around people who are passionate about how they are living their lives which is both heartwarming and inspiring to us.
1. Abstract: The Art of Design – this series tells the human stories behind some of the most exciting designers working today. It will make you laugh, cry, and feel inspired to be more creative in your day to day life.
2. Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories – This is a series of stories about day to day people told through their favorite dish prepared in the small and tucked away Midnight Diner in Tokyo.
3. Chef’s Table – This series follows chefs from all around the world, and looks into what pushed them to reach the top of their field and what makes them unique.
4. Samurai Gourmet – This over the top, tongue-in-cheek series follows a recently retired Japanese businessman Takeshi as he celebrates his new found freedom my enjoying the gorgeous food and drink of Japan.
5. Tales by Light – This series follows photographers on the journey to get the perfect shot and looks at what drives them, and the lengths they will go to tell their visual story.