I am sitting at a coffee shop in Amersfoort, Netherlands with 2.5 hours until my train back to Berlin arrives, so I decided it is finally time to do some of the blogger awards and thank the lovely people who nominated me!
I was nominated by lovelyandgrateful for the liebster award, I love her blogging style and the values she shares with others. Also, adorable cat pictures! Liebster is a German word meaning dearest, sweetheart or beloved, and the Liebster Award is a virtual honor passed from blogger to blogger as a way of supporting and promoting each other.
The rules of the Liebster Award are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
- Answer the questions your nominator asked you
- Nominate 5-11 other blogs (and don’t forget to let them know)
- Ask your nominations up to 11 questions or facts about themselves.
Here are the answers to the questions I was asked:
- What advice would you give to other bloggers? Simplfy! Make your blog readable and easy to navigate. My favorite posts are 3 – 5 minute reads with clear content and good images. Sometimes people use crazy colors and fonts which distract from the writing rather than complimenting to it.
- Other than blogging, what are your hobbies? Urban gardening, reading, video games, walking/hiking, and eating. I’m a big foodie!
- Do you have any pets? I have two adopted cats that are like little pieces of my heart.
- Tea or coffee? Tea always, coffee messes with my stomach and mood.
- What’s your favorite book and why? I am not sure I have a favorite so much as favorites in categories, like Small is Beautiful by E F Schumacher is my favorite book on how to improve society. The Truth by Terry Pratchett is my favorite satire, Miss Minimalist by Francine Jay is my favorite book on minimalism. I post my recommended books here. I like books that help me understand people and culture better.
- Where in the world would you most like to visit? The painted mountains in China, Japan, and New Zealand.
- What’s your favorite quote or personal mantra? Choose the kindest option available to you. There is no one way to live that will work for everyone, but if everyone makes the kindest choice for their personal circumstances the world would be a better place.
- Have you ever won any awards or trophies offline? Yes, but I just prefer an individual person to say thanks, or give me a hug, or tell me they appreciate something I have done. I don’t really like trophies, they seem flashy and silly.
- What’s your favorite weather? Autumn/Fall because I can wear the clothing that I feel most comfortable in and my health tends to be better when the temperatures are 8 – 18 C (47 – 65 F).
- Are you an early bird or a night owl? I was born to be wild…until about 9 pm or so 🙂
Zheng Fan Minimalist nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award, I love his simple messages and ideas and that he always has kind words for everyone! Thank you for the nomination!
Rules of Award:
- Put the award/logo image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10-20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Here are the questions:
- Who is your one favorite public person (in the history of mankind)? Why? I really can’t pick and commit to one, because different people inspire me for different reasons! I would say someone who is alive today and very inspirational is Naomi Klein. She has been campaigning for a wide variety of rights for decades and wrote No Logo which I believe is still the best book about fast fashion, human rights and the environment out there. All of her books are incredible and she is really out the on the streets as well as behind her computer fighting for human and climate justice.
- What is your one favorite song? Why? Haha, again I can’t pick one because (thankfully) the world is full of wonderful music and artists who share their skill with all of us. I suppose Nostolgia by Wim Statius Muller is probably my favorite because he is my grandfather. I feel so blessed that no matter what the future may bring I can listen to his music and feel like he is talking to me.
- Define yourself in less than 15 words? Complex simplicity.
- What is the one most important trait you look for in a partner? Compassion, I knew my life partner had to be a vegan and human rights defender, and he is!
- What is life to you? Marveling at the awesome and beautiful world we have been given, the mysterious and intreguing universe, and the diverse beings we share it with.
Three things about me:
- I drink more Earl Grey tea than Jean Luc Picard.
- In case you didn’t notice from the last fact, I am a HUGE trekkie.
- I once had tea with the former Queen of the Netherlands.
Here is where I am supposed to nominate people but I am running out of laptop battery and most of the people in my blogging sphere have already been nominated. So I am going to leave nominations for now but may come back to them in the next couple weeks! (When I am home with reliable power!)